- Lowe's takes a leap into virtual reality
- HD vs. LOW, a tale of the Q4 tape
- Lowe’s marches to omnichannel drummer
- Over lead paint, Lowe's settles for $500,000
- Christopher Durham named VP retail brands at Theory House
- Lowe’s Iris gets boost from State Farm
- Porch sets up shop in Lowe's stores nationwide
Home improvement giant Lowe's is showing a sensitive side through a merchandising effort spotted in a Tampa, Fla., store. The store is promoting flowers -- "a gift as special as she is," according to the display's signage -- next to grills and fasteners.
A conspicuous pink and red island display near the front of the store has racks of bromeliads, anthuriums and orchids. A bilingual sign reads: "Surprise her with the gift of plants."