- See Sears for yourself
- HD vs. LOW, a tale of the Q4 tape
- Net earnings surge at Lowe's in Q3
- Christopher Durham named VP retail brands at Theory House
- Lowe's brings new Iris to International CES
- Lowe's enlists designers to drum up DIY holiday decor tips
- Shaw Industries recalls Lowe's-exclusive carpet
Home improvement giant Lowe's is showing a sensitive side through a merchandising effort spotted in a Tampa, Fla., store. The store is promoting flowers -- "a gift as special as she is," according to the display's signage -- next to grills and fasteners.
A conspicuous pink and red island display near the front of the store has racks of bromeliads, anthuriums and orchids. A bilingual sign reads: "Surprise her with the gift of plants."