- Lowe's takes a leap into virtual reality
- Lowe's posts double-digit earnings growth
- Lowe's takes America's pulse on smart home
- NRF highlights an "increasing threat to retailers"
- Survey: Americans are on the move and DIY-inclined
- Lowe's names new SVP, general merchandising manager
- Lowe’s marches to omnichannel drummer
In an effort to enhance its in-store experience, Lowe's has integrated Point Inside, Inc.'s StoreMode mobile technology into its app to help customers locate products themselves.
"Helping customers complete their home improvement projects simply and easily is what Lowe's is all about," said Ronnie Damron, SVP multi-channel testing and commercialization. "We're constantly looking for new, innovative ways to use technology to serve our customers better. Whether customers are browsing the store for ideas or searching for a specific item in a hurry, we think the Product Locator feature will simplify the shopping process, creating a better experience that encourages customers to come back again and again."
The new Product Locator feature will allow customers to search for products and locate them on a detailed store map. Customers can also create shopping lists, look up prices, inventory availability, detailed product information, ratings and reviews, as well as weekly ads that are all specific to the location.
Store employees will also be equipped with the app in order to provide better service.
The feature is available via Lowe's iOS and Android mobile apps, as well as Lowe's mobile-optimized website.