- See Sears for yourself
- HD vs. LOW, a tale of the Q4 tape
- Over lead paint, Lowe's settles for $500,000
- Christopher Durham named VP retail brands at Theory House
- Shaw Industries recalls Lowe's-exclusive carpet
- Lowe's brings new Iris to International CES
- Lowe's enlists designers to drum up DIY holiday decor tips
Lowe’s has canceled its plans to build a store in Land O’Lakes, Fla., according to a report by the St. Petersburg Times.
The proposed 117,000-sq.-ft. store with an attached 31,000-sq.-ft. garden center was first announced in 2007. It would have been located on State Route 54 near Route 41, two main arteries that run through town. The North Carolina retailer has put the 42-acre site up for sale, the newspaper reported.
A Lowe’s spokesperson said the company weighed “a number of factors” in making its decision. Lowe's signed a $2.7 million contract in 2005 for the property, which is situated between an RV park and a fire station. Part of the acreage is wetlands, according to the report.