Masco Bath, a producer of showers, bathtubs and whirlpools, was given the “Unsung Hero” award at the Lowe's Fashion Plumbing vendor forum. Masco was honored for the research, design and execution of new merchandising concepts for the bathing aisle and accessible home special order areas. These merchandising concepts have been included in the Lowe's "store of the future" layout, according to the announcement. Masco Bath was also praised for the innovative product solutions provided to Lowe's on a continual basis, notably the Delta Zero Threshold bathing systems.
"This vendor has stepped up on multiple occasions over the last year in a couple of key Specialty Bath areas," said Chris Avery, director of merchandising for Specialty Bath at Lowe's. According to Avery, Masco Bath is a recipient of the Unsung Hero Award for:
• Having served as a 'category captain' and working with other vendors on improving their current set;
• Leading best-in-class customer research efforts to inform how to improve the entire bay and including other vendors' product in the process;
• Dedicating extra resources, including consumer-led product development, to lead the charge to make the Specialty Bath category a true "Why Lowe's?" story;
• Being self-critical about what is working and what is not in the Accessible Home category, and being innovative and forward-thinking with product design;
• Developing POP to communicate feature benefits more effectively; and
• Demonstrating a commitment to have dedicated resources for the store to ensure tasks, training and sets are completed correctly.
Masco Bath is part of the Masco Corp., one of the world's largest manufacturers of brand-name consumer products, including Behr paint, BrassCraft water supply products, Delta and Hansgrohe faucets, bath and shower fixtures, KraftMaid, Merillat and Quality cabinets and Milgard windows and doors.