- Snavely promotes Elizabeth Grieff
- Lowe's names new SVP, general merchandising manager
- Fi-Foil names Newman regional sales manager
- Workplace bullying: Some progress but still a ways to go
- Weston Forest Products hires US-group manager
- KitchenAid's new dishwasher turns up efficiency factor
- Hurst named manager at new Sears Hometown showroom
Service Group Distribution has expanded its product offerings with the addition of Liquisol Solar Control Paint, a solution designed to block heat, glare and UV radiation while allowing the passage of light through skylights and windows.
"Skylights are a major source of heat, glare and excessive light during summer," said Earl Mangune, manager pro tem and director for SGD. "While window film is a great solution, there are skylights where it simply can't be used. Liquisol fills this void; not only can it be applied to acrylic and polycarbonate, because it's a paint, you can apply it to curved surfaces too."
The collection includes four paints: 4Ever (best for homebuilders who wish to allow the maximum amount of light); 4EverBlue (featuring a 57% total solar energy reduction and a blue hue designed to mimic clear skies); 4EverDark (provides the most heat and glare protection); and 3Seasons (a temporary solution for extreme weather conditions).
All Liquisol paints can be applied to glass, acrylic and plexiglass, blocking over 98% of UV rays.