- Winners Circle
- Leviton unveils OmniTouch7 Touchscreen for smart home control
- Columbia Lighting tackles low ceiling LED needs
- What’s a PCT? A hot product, says researcher
- Leviton plants flag in South Africa
- KB Home rolls out 'most environmentally ambitious home yet'
- High-scoring LEED home completed in Miami Beach
Leviton has launched a campaign to encourage homeowners and businesses to evaluate their lighting control needs in order to make the kinds of decision that could make a difference in energy consumption.
The "Make the Switch" campaign in support of Earth Day 2011 includes the educational campaign "10 Smart Tips for a Greener Home.' Among the tips:
• Dimming lights 25% cuts energy usage by 20% and extends a bulbs life four times longer;
• Replace incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescent lamps, which use 75% less energy and last 10 times longer;
• Switch to Occupancy Sensors with automatic on/off functionality to reduce unnecessary electrical usage; and
• If using an incandescent dimmer, simply lowering the light level to 50% will reduce energy consumption by 40%.
Michael Neary, Leviton Residential Lighting Controls product manager, said: “Leviton is a company dedicated to energy efficiency, which is why we strive to educate our customers and develop products and solutions that make it simple for them to cut their energy use while saving money in the process.”