- Former Weyerhaeuser exec joins Best Bath Systems
- PGT hires a new marketing director
- Scotts Miracle-Gro expands licensing program
- Harbinger Group makes bid for Central Garden & Pet
- Glidden Paint unveils new HD paint palette
- These sinks are also culinary and cleaning stations
- ABC Supply promotes Mike Schwarz
Spectrum Brands' Kwikset is updating its SmartKey Padlock line with the addition of SmartKey re-key technology.
Now, customers will be able to use the same key to unlock their home and their SmartKey padlocks. In just three steps, homeowners can re-key their padlocks to work with any Kwikset Smartkey lock.
"Having just one key to lock and unlock your home, shed, toolbox, locker and other secure spaces eliminates the worry of keeping track of multiple keys, solving an inefficiency that most people deal with daily," said Matt Richman, director of marketing. "Homeowners have enjoyed the superior security and ability to easily re-key their locks with SmartKey for many years, so we're thrilled to expand the feature to our new SmartKey Padlock line."
The SmartKey Padlock is made with a hardened molybdenum shackle, as well as dual ball bearing locking, to stand up to potential tampering. The trademarked BumpGuard also offers protection from lock bumping, and a new feature holds the key in the padlock until it's closed to help make sure it's not left unlocked (or that the keys aren't locked inside the home).