- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Education and motivation at the ProDealer Industry Summit
- Beacon Roofing Supply reports sales declines
- Home Depot will hire 60,000 for spring push
- Hurricane Sandy lessons
- Hardware store all-stars: Idaho, Illinois and Indiana
- TW Perry named HCN Pro Dealer of the Year
Kuiken Brothers, the nine-unit chain of New Jersey lumberyards and design centers, will hold an Aug. 19 groundbreaking on a new distribution facility in Succasunna, a community in Roxbury Township. The 12-acre facility, built on the site of a Wickes lumberyard destroyed in a fire, will encompass 130,000 square feet of covered storage. Kuiken Brothers already operates a design center, KB Concepts, on the same site.
“This has been on the drawing board for five years,” company president Doug Kuiken told Home Channel News. The distribution center will serve all of the Kuiken Brothers locations with dimensional lumber, panels, engineered wood products and other building materials, Kuiken said.
Ranked No. 64 on the HCN Top 350 Pro Dealer Scoreboard, Kuiken Brothers serves the northern New Jersey and southern New York markets from Fair Lawn, Emerson, Midland Park, Ogdensburg, Wantage, Garfield, Succasunna, Roseland and Warwick, N.Y. Revenues in 2007 were $130 million.