- Organizational shake-up at Stock Building Supply
- Carolina dealer recognized for grassroots leadership
- Lowe's launches recycling centers
- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Ace Hardware opens in Ardmore, N.C.
- Lowe's plans special events for Sanford, N.C., reopening
- NextGen home at 2011 IBS donated to veteran
KB Home is expanding its presence in the Durham, N.C., market with Orchard Ridge, a new community of Built to Order single-family homes. KB Home already has four other communities currently open in the Durham area.
A grand opening is planned for Oct. 29 from noon to 3 p.m.
"KB Home sees a demand here in Durham for smartly designed, energy-efficient homes that deliver great value, quality and choice to buyers," said Rick Carruthers, president of KB Home's North Carolina division. "Orchard Ridge answers this demand with our signature Built to Order homes in a coveted location."
The homes will be Energy Star-qualified and include KB Home’s Energy Performance Guide (EPG). The EPG provides an estimate of monthly electric and/or gas costs for each new home and estimated monthly savings over a typical resale home.
Orchard Ridge will be available in nine floor plans, with prices starting in the $170,000s. All new homes will be Built to Order, which means home buyers can choose their home site and floor plan, and then customize their home to fit their lifestyle, tastes and budget.