- KB Home CEO reflects on pleasant surprises in Q2
- KB Home elects Michael Wood to board of directors
- KB Home recovers from past-year loss in Q1
- KB Home rolls out 'most environmentally ambitious home yet'
- KB Home debuts new energy storage solutions
- KB Home releases Sustainability Report for Earth Day
- New KB Home Design Studio brings hands-on selection to D.C.
Solar power is a standard feature in 10 Southern California communities built by Los Angeles-based KB Home.
KB has experimented with solar programs for years, said Jeffrey Mezger, president and CEO of KB Home. "With this announcement, we are raising the bar even higher and taking an important step in making our homes even more efficient and affordable for our home buyers over the long term, especially when compared with resale homes," he said.
The photovoltaic solar systems will help KB homeowners reduce their monthly energy bills and cost of homeownership, while also benefiting the environment, the builder said.
While KB Home has provided solar power systems as an option for its home buyers in select communities in California and Colorado for a number of years, this is the first time it will build entire communities featuring solar power systems for every home.
SunPower Corp. will provide the solar technology.