- Whirlpool dryers board the Energy Star train
- KB Home rolls out 'most environmentally ambitious home yet'
- 10 products seen at the National Hardware Show
- The home channel's seeing green
- Michelle Desiderio to speak at this year's PDIS
- KB Home CEO reflects on pleasant surprises in Q2
- Industry analyst to address ProDealer Industry Summit
KB Home is launching a pilot program for a set of new energy storage solutions, developed in collaboration with SunPower Corp., in its Irvine, El Dorado Hills and San Diego markets.
The new high-efficiency solar power systems store solar energy by day and offer an alternative energy source for use during power outages or other situations.
These latest developments come after KB Home and SunPower installed a 3-kilowatt high-efficiency photovoltaic system in its communities in Arizona. High-efficiency solar power systems are already available in thousands of houses built by KB Home.
The eventual vision? To roll out the technology in more communities soon, as well as provide similar battery storage technology to charge electric cars, according to the company.