- Irwin Tools crowns the 2011 Ultimate Tradesman
- Irwin brings 'toughness' message to new level
- Newell Rubbermaid honored for innovation
- Irwin Tools rings the bell for tradesmen
- Irwin offers Marples Woodworking Series saw blades
- Irwin Tools and Edison Nation search for the next big tape rule
- Irwin Tools appoints new president
Irwin Tools has introduced a new full line of multi-material drill bits, which the company says will simplify the tasks facing tradesmen.
Irwin Multi-Material drill bits will drill through just about any type of material, the company said, including brick, block, tile, metal, wood, laminate, plastic and marble. And the product can drill through multiple materials at the same time.
The new bits have a unique diamond-ground, four-facet carbide tip with super-sharp cutting edges that guarantee centered starts with no walking, fast drilling and excellent hole quality. These bits are built tough for hammer drilling, but recommended for use in rotary mode.
Jon Schlosser, director of marketing for Irwin Tools, said tradesmen "repeatedly express frustration with having to carry around multiple types of drill bits, and switch out bits depending on a particular material they need to drill into at any given time. It’s time-consuming and discouraging.”
Irwin Multi-Material drill bits are compatible with all standard 1/2-in. and 3/8-in. chuck drills. They are available in 3-in. to 5-in. jobber lengths and 16-in. extended length, with diameters ranging from 1/8 in. to 1/2 in. The suggested retail price ranges from $3.99 to $20.99, depending on length and diameter.