- Lumber Liquidators cements compliance team
- Lumber Liquidators donates to Habitat for Humanity
- HCN Stock Watch: Lumber Liquidators posts gains
- HCN Stock Watch: LL goes low
- Lumber Liquidators reports sales in line with lowered guidance
- Lumber Liquidators under scrutiny again over formaldehyde
- Lumber Liquidators holds 11th annual April Sale
Las Vegas -- Exotics are still in, but gray is the hottest trend for residential flooring, according to the chief merchandising officer at Lumber Liquidators. In an interview at the International Builders' Show (IBS) here, Bill Schlegel told HCN that the Toano, Va.-based national flooring retailer is selling hardwood, engineered wood and even laminate wood flooring in various shades of gray.
Tropical woods like acacia and Tigerwood are also more in demand. “As the economy is turning around, more and more people are asking for it,” Schlegel said. Bamboo is still popular because of its eco-friendly profile, “but [consumers] want wider planks, and they want it to look like wood,” he added. Lumber Liquidators has responded with wire brushed bamboo and more strand-like appearance. One variety resembles black-veined oak.
Click technology, which is now available in wood, stone and marble like vinyl flooring, has brought a number of DIYers into the market. ”It’s a huge growth category for us,” Schlegel said.
The three-day IBS event runs through Jan. 24 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.