- TW Perry named HCN Pro Dealer of the Year
- NextGen home at 2011 IBS donated to veteran
- Reliance Worldwide expands support for SharkBite and Cash Acme
- Economic signals still mixed at HIRI conference
- Hardware store all-stars: La., Maine and Md.
- DeWalt launches its first line of hand tools
- TW Perry hosts 3rd Annual Green Building Workshop
Hunter Douglas, one of the country’s largest window coverings manufacturers, has acquired the assets of Acme Window Coverings, based in Willowbrook, Ill. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Acme has been a longtime fabricator for Hunter Douglas’ custom products, according to the company. Acme’s sales organization will continue to support its existing dealer base, and Joe Tantillo will continue to serve as president of the Acme unit.
Hunter Douglas plans to transfer Acme’s fabrication operations to Hunter Douglas Fabrication in Cumberland, Md. The Cumberland facility recently was expanded by 120,000 square feet, and it is Hunter Douglas’ largest fabrication site.
“We are pleased to acquire this outstanding company,” said Marv Hopkins, Hunter Douglas president and CEO.
Hunter Douglas is headquartered in Upper Saddle River, N.J.