- Ace names Venhuizen successor to Griffith
- Organizational shake-up at Stock Building Supply
- Koelnmesse names chief operating officer
- Allied Building Stores names new president
- Lowe's continues down transformation road
- Hunter Douglas donates $350,000 to Colorado flood relief
- Venhuizen promoted at Ace Hardware
Hunter Industries, a global provider of irrigation solutions for the professional market, has promoted Greg Hunter to chief operating officer, where he will be responsible for executing company strategy and optimizing the day-to-day operations for all Hunter business units. He assumes this role having held leadership positions within several key departments at Hunter, including engineering, product management, information systems and marketing.
Gene Smith, the company’s current director of marketing for commercial and residential Irrigation, has been promoted to VP marketing. Smith assumes the position after 12 years at Hunter, in which he has held leadership positions in engineering, product management and marketing. In his new role, Smith will lead the marketing efforts for all Hunter business units, including residential, commercial and golf irrigation, FX Luminaire landscape lighting, and Hunter custom molding.
Based in San Marcos, Calif., Hunter Industries is a family-owned company that offers more than 1,000 products that serve the landscape professional.