- Doug Miller named interim CEO for Handy Hardware
- Bayou City Lumber stocks shelves with fire-resistant products
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS: Dewayne Williams and Martin Ketelaar
- Braun's Roofing partners with CertainTeed cool roofs
- Handy Hardware dealers return to business in San Antonio
- U.S. salary budgets projected to rise 3.1% in 2014
- CriterionBrock joins forces with MAB Flooring
More than 50 residential builders and remodelers attended an all-day Houston Building Science and Energy Forum held at the Houston Dow Center.
Hosted by Dow Building Solutions and the Greater Houston Builders' Association (GHBA), presentations addressed the building and energy challenges specific to hot and humid climates, and outlined changes to 2012 Houston energy codes.
The event kicked off with a keynote address from Doug Garrett, Building Performance and Comfort. During his presentation, Garrett discussed new technologies from Dow Building Solutions that address indoor comfort and exterior durability in hot, humid climates.
All the proceeds from the forum are being donated to HomeAid Houston, a charitable 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that partners with local builders and vendors to create transitional housing for Houston’s homeless.