- After slow start, HD posts Q1 gains
- Home Depot schools the nation in hurricane know-how
- Readers Respond: Guns and retail
- In Home Depot, magazine takes bilingual approach
- Insteon smart-home products enter Microsoft stores
- Thompson launches WaterSeal deck stain line
- New season, new strategies at HD, LOW
In Georgia, Home Depot stores will participate in a statewide “Bring One for the Chipper” tree-recycling program, according to several local news reports.
In exchange for a Christmas tree, Home Depot stores will provide a free seedling. The program is being held in partnership with local Davey Tree Expert Co. and Georgia’s “Keep Georgia Beautiful” initiative and local NBC affiliate WXIA-TV.
According to reports, more than 4.5 million Christmas trees have been recycled through the program by being chipped into mulch. Some trees also are used as wildlife habitats.