- After slow start, HD posts Q1 gains
- Home Depot schools the nation in hurricane know-how
- In Home Depot, magazine takes bilingual approach
- Readers Respond: Guns and retail
- Thompson launches WaterSeal deck stain line
- Bonnie Hill retires from Home Depot board
- P&F Industries points to growth of tool-segment
Home Depot has announced layoffs of about 500 employees at its Atlanta-based headquarters—10 percent of the staff there, according to the company.
The reductions were from departments “across the organization and touching every functional area,” Home Depot spokesman Ron DeFeo told HCN.
“We’re clearly operating in a tough business environment,” he said. “We started talking about that in 2007, and we were very honest in saying we expected to see this continuing into 2008 (in recent financial statements).”
The layoffs do not affect distribution centers or stores. The laid-off workers will receive pay for 60 days, the company said.