- HCN's 2013 Hardware Store ALL-STARS
- Rocky’s helps pets with food drive
- At Golden Hammer event: 'Retail is Detail'
- Hardware Store All-Stars: Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island
- Beacon shifts HQ to its Herndon, Va., corporate offices
- Extreme makeover: Distribution edition
- Boston Cedar rolls out new product mix
Connelly Hardware, Aborn True Value and Economy Hardware -- all of Brookline, Mass. -- are collaborating with Climate Change Action Brookline, a local citizens group, in a “Green Tools” program, CCAB announced.
The program highlights tools and products that help homeowners and small businesses reduce carbon emissions and save money. Items address water conservation, insulation, heating and cooling, electricity, recycling and composting, and greener paint and cleaning products.
The Green Tools program is one of CCAB’s town-wide initiatives to reduce Brookline’s carbon footprint. CCAB has received funding from a number of local organizations, including the Brookline Community Foundation, the Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office and Massachusetts Climate Action Network, as well as support from the Brookline Green Space Alliance.