- Dunham retires from LP board
- Jeff Greenberg appointed to Premier Mounts board
- Joseph Harper retires from Sterling board
- Matthew Thornton elected to Sherwin-Williams board
- Boise Cascade adds former Weyerhaeuser, Buckeye execs to board
- American Standard CEO joins LIXIL board
- Newell Rubbermaid opens Design Center in Michigan
Georgia-Pacific CEO and president Jim Hannan has been elected to the independent Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) board of directors.
"I have great respect and appreciation for the work SFI does to promote responsible forest management and sustainable forestry," said Hannan. "All of us who depend on the future of our forests need to continue to work together to achieve our shared goals, and I am pleased to play a role in that crucial process."
SFI's governance represents environmental, social and economic sectors equally to meet the many needs of forests and communities. SFI's 18-member board includes representatives of public and private landowners, manufacturers of forest products, conservation groups, academia, aboriginal interests, community organizations, labor and government officials.