- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Hardware store all-stars: Ark., Calif. and Colo.
- At Ace Convention, Griffith points to sales momentum
- Ace addresses 2011 strategy, supply chain
- In Houston, a Handy Hardware homecoming
- Mahurin’s next stop: Orchard Supply Hardware
- Tis the season for shipping strategy
Handy Hardware Wholesales San Antonio market, Aug. 10 to 12, saw an attendance increase of 11.2% over 2011, the Houston-based hardware co-op reported.
Handy gave away six Toyota Tundra trucks during the market weekend, and it expects warehouse sales from the event will be at an all-time high, said Mickey Schulte, VP marketing and purchasing.
“We also debuted two new areas at this market: our merchandising services area, which focuses on how to re-energize your store and add extra areas of profit,” Schulte said. “And our oil field services area, providing the essentials to sell to the petroleum industry.”