- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- State by state: Hardware store all stars
- Home prices rise in Case-Shiller Index
- Lowe's launches recycling centers
- Hardware store all-stars: Idaho, Illinois and Indiana
- Market Recap: RISI Crow's Construction Materials Cost Index
- Energy efficiency, regulations to drive HVAC demand
An article in the PatriotLedger.com reported that hardware and appliance stores say air conditioner supplies are dwindling.
A heat wave across the United States is making air conditioning a high-priority home improvement project. The newspaper quotes one Massachusetts retailer saying: "I would think there won't be anything left by Thursday or Friday."