- At Ace Convention, Griffith points to sales momentum
- Hardware store all-stars: Idaho, Illinois and Indiana
- Hardware store all-stars: Ark., Calif. and Colo.
- McDaniel’s Do it Center earns 'Golden Hammer'
- 2012 Hardware Store All-Stars
- Do it Best names three new merchants
- After two years of declines, hardware sales are up
George’s Hardware, a home-improvement store in Gainesville, Fla., closed at the beginning of December, according to an article in the Gainesville Sun.
Owner Robert George, a second-generation dealer, helped his father and uncle run a Miami hardware store for 42 years. The family relocated to Gainesville and bought Glock’s Hardware in 1967. Eventually, George took over the renamed store from his parents.
A combination of competitive pressures and the desire to retire led to the decision to close the store, George told the newspaper.