- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Education and motivation at the ProDealer Industry Summit
- Beacon Roofing Supply reports sales declines
- TW Perry named HCN Pro Dealer of the Year
- Hardware store all-stars: Idaho, Illinois and Indiana
- Home Depot's Menear honored by City of Hope
- Home Depot will hire 60,000 for spring push
Oklahoma City-based Franklin Electric, a global leader in the production and marketing of water pumping systems, purchased Valencia, Calif.-based CAL Pump.
In a press release, the company said: “Franklin Electric’s consistent strategy for acquiring well-respected pump companies in this challenging economy emphasizes its long-term commitment to the water transfer and water gardening markets.”
The acquisition of CAL Pump is the latest in a recent string of acquisitions for Franklin Electric, including the Little Giant Pump Co. and Monarch Industries (Pump Division).
CAL Pump focuses on the water gardening and outdoor living markets.
Brett F. Thompson, CEO of CAL Pump said: “In recent years, our industry has struggled trying to rationalize the price/value considerations of private labeled pumps and accessories imported from around the world. For distributors, dealers and homeowners involved in water gardening, the combination of our two companies sends a message of commitment to the industry.”