- Connecting the dots
- National Hardware Show kicks off Tuesday in Las Vegas
- Duracell charges into the generator category
- Larry Stone shares "Five Traits of Leadership"
- Product diversity on display in Las Vegas
- Retailers honored at Golden Hammer Awards
- Hardware dealers to talk shop at Golden Hammer breakfast
Floyd’s Ace Home Center in Pahrump, Nev., about 65 miles outside of Las Vegas, closed its doors on March 30 and will hold an auction of its remaining inventory on April 29. Nick Moore, son of owners Carl and Julie Moore, told Home Channel News that the business succumbed to the housing market meltdown and competitive pressure from a Home Depot that opened in this desert town of 36,000.
Floyd’s carried a full hardware store assortment, a giftware section, building materials, house packages, RV supplies and a J.C. Penney outlet. It had been in operation for more than 30 years.