- Sears Appliance & Hardware sets sights on smaller format
- In Houston, Ace recaps a strong 2013
- Hardware Store All-Stars: New Mexico, Texas and Oklahoma
- NLBMDA honors Fromme
- Snavely Forest Products expands decking lines
- Parker Do it Best Lumber takes award
- Main Street Lumber honored for entrepreneurialism
FLOR Inc., a retail chain offering design-it-yourself modular floor coverings, has opened its fifth retail location in Dallas. Other stores are located in Chicago; Santa Monica, Calif.; Atlanta; and the SoHo district of New York City.
Visitors to the FLOR stores can choose from a full range of colors, patterns and textures available in FLOR's system of 19.7-in. carpet squares. Customers are invited to mix and match styles to create custom rugs, runners and wall-to-wall designs of any length, size or shape. For those desiring more assistance, stores have design consultants to help choose styles, coordinate colors and answer questions on care or assembly. Customers may also take advantage of FLOR's in-home consultations and professional installation services.
Founded in 2003 as part of the Interface Corp., the Chicago-based company also operates a recycling program for old or unwanted carpet squares.