- Whirlpool dryers board the Energy Star train
- 10 products seen at the National Hardware Show
- The home channel's seeing green
- KB Home debuts new energy storage solutions
- KB Home rolls out 'most environmentally ambitious home yet'
- Olympia unveils new line of lights, power solutions
- Panasonic earns Energy Star prize
Fiskars Canada is voluntarily recalling its propane-powered string trimmers due to safety concerns. The SmartPower Propane 4-Cycle Curved Shaft String Trimmer, sold at Canadian Tire stores, could pose a danger when engine vibration allows the propane canister to rotate. This causes abrasion to the fuel line and possible flammability created by gaseous propane being released through the damaged fuel line during both use and storage.
In addition, high temperatures may develop in the product's lower boom, causing the plastic guard over the cutting line to soften, deform and/or fall off, resulting in the possibility of injuries from contact with the hot lower boom or unguarded cutting line.
There have been no incidents or injuries reported to Fiskars in connection to the product. This recall is a voluntary and precautionary measure by Fiskars.
Consumers should stop using this product immediately, drain the oil from the product, disconnect the propane canister and return the trimmer to their local Canadian Tire store with proof of purchase for reimbursement.