- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Hardware store all-stars: Ark., Calif. and Colo.
- Ace addresses 2011 strategy, supply chain
- At Ace Convention, Griffith points to sales momentum
- In Houston, a Handy Hardware homecoming
- Mahurin’s next stop: Orchard Supply Hardware
- Tis the season for shipping strategy
Houston-based hardlines co-op Handy Hardware pointed to sales growth of 4.1% in its first quarter of 2011.
In a statement released Monday, the company also addressed the challenges resulting from its transition to a new computer operating system during the first quarter of 2011.
"We have gotten past the worst of this transition, and our numbers are climbing back up to our historical service level marks," said Tina Kirbie, president.
Problems with the operating system transition had a negative impact on customer service levels during the first three months of 2011, the company said.
“We are very pleased that even through this difficult computer change our business with members still has shown an increase, and we are upbeat about the remaining months in 2011.”
The co-op, which is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year, signed on 23 new members during the quarter.