- Weyerhaeuser Distribution in Fresno, Calif. celebrates 35 years
- Northwest Hardwoods up for sale again
- Weyerhaeuser provides sustainability update
- Former Weyerhaeuser exec joins Best Bath Systems
- Weyerhaeuser now offering Interfor wood products
- Weyerhaeuser's Simons says innovation will win
- DuPont Pioneer, Weyerhaeuser team for tech license agreement
Federal Way, Wash.-based Weyerhaeuser has announced some executive changes, including the promotion of Thomas F. Gideon to executive vp-forest products.
Gideon takes over the new role effective July 1, and he replaces Richard Hanson, who retired effective June 30. In his new role, Gideon will oversee the company's timberlands, wood products and cellulose fibers businesses in addition to its research and development, information technology, procurement and logistics operations.
Gideon has been senior vp-containerboard, packaging and recycling since March 2007. He formerly served as senior vp-timberlands from 2005 to 2007 and vp-western timberlands from 2003 to 2005. He joined Weyerhaeuser in 1978 and held numerous human resources and sales management positions in wood products before moving into western timberlands in 1996.
Additionally, John A. Hooper was promoted to senior vp-human resources. He succeeds Edward Rogel, who retired effective June 30. He joined Weyerhaeuser in 2001 to assist in the integration of Willamette Industries, and later took on the role of vp-human resources in 2006.
Weyerhaeuser will announce its second-quarter financial results before the market opens on Aug. 5.