- HCN's 2013 Hardware Store ALL-STARS
- Lowe's hires GE exec to lead LBM divisions
- Ace repackages private label hardware
- Opportunity shines in bulb aisle
- Before and after: Huntington Lumber & Supply Co.
- Feeding the beast at Tractor Supply
- TotalHousehold aims to streamline the process of hiring contractors
Do it Best has hired Joe Caldwell -- who has a background in e-commerce infrastructure and more than five year’s experience in network administration -- as its e-commerce manager.
In this position, Caldwell will oversee the development, administration and operation of the company’s Web site, doitbest.com, including coordinating on-site advertising with vendors and shipping orders. The company’s customer service center, which helps members with logistics, shipping and product information, also falls under his jurisdiction.
Caldwell will report to Bill Zielke, vp-marketing, for the Fort Wayne, Ind.-based co-op.
Caldwell previously worked as facility manager with Brentwood, Tenn.-based American Color, one of North America’s largest full-service premedia and print companies, where he managed the print projects for Do it Best. Prior to that, he worked with Kruse International in Auburn, Ind., as a network administrator, coordinating the online and live auto auction administration.
Aresident of Fort Wayne, Ind., Caldwell is currently working toward his bachelor’s degree in internet information security at ITT Technical Institute.