- The Top 100 delivers growth
- Venhuizen's rule: no standing still
- Tile Shop reports gains, sees work ahead
- Market Recap: RISI Crow's Construction Materials Cost Index
- Elite Appliance stocks GE kitchen and laundry appliances
- Whirlpool named Homes for Our Troops official appliance sponsor
- Lennar's earnings up 38.4% in Q3
A study on major home appliances by The NPD Group showed overall growth in the category in 2010, with an 11% increase in dollar sales compared to 2009.
Although sales for most appliances did not reach pre-recession levels, dishwashers were one exception, showing a 22% increase in dollar sales over 2009, putting them on level with 2007.
Full-sized refrigerators and range hoods both experienced double-digit unit and dollar growth, with laundry appliances coming in just under 10% in dollar growth.
One of the smallest categories, ovens, showed significant growth in 2010, up 42% in dollars compared to 2009.
Peterman Goldman, president of NPD’s home division, attributed some of the gains to government rebate incentives and the abundance of promotional offers early in the year.