- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- DIY pioneer: Home centers need to think again
- Education and motivation at the ProDealer Industry Summit
- Lowe's launches recycling centers
- Economic signals still mixed at HIRI conference
- Home Depot's Menear honored by City of Hope
- Tis the season for shipping strategy
Weight reduction, ergonomic improvement and digital precision are trends pushing the envelope of product development, according to organizers of Internationale Eisenwarenmesse, or the International Hardware Fair.
The March 4 to 7 event in Cologne, Germany, will bring together more than 2,600 exhibitors from 50 countries.
"Several years ago, a trend arose toward increasing products’ versatility so that they can be used for a broader range of applications," according to the Fair's press office. "More powerful digital precision tools play a major role in this ongoing trend."
High-end electronic torque wrenches and angle-controlled wrenches that show measurement results on easily readable displays will be on the show floor. So will new multimedia pipe inspection cameras.
New products in the hand tool category at the fair will demonstrate far fewer vibrations, less noise and less dust during grinding than other systems.
Further information is available at eisenwarenmesse.com.