- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Sears taps former Lehman Brothers VP to lead Craftsman
- Economic signals still mixed at HIRI conference
- Ace addresses 2011 strategy, supply chain
- At Bed Bath & Beyond, a strong Q3
- New Product Showcase: Building for the future
- Ace's Motorcycle Mission rides again
They may be struggling through the housing downturn, but home builders still must please their customers. And in that race, J.D. Power and Associates has ranked national home builder PulteHomes on top.
In its 2008 study of customer satisfaction in home builders, J.D. Power said, in fact, builders succeeded in “significantly improving overall customer satisfaction in 2008, compared with 2007.”
Overall, customer satisfaction averaged 779 on a 1,000-point scale in 2008, up 38 points from last year. Markets experiencing the largest customer satisfaction improvements include Palm Beach, Fla.; Tampa, Fla.; and Albuquerque, N.M. In addition, overall satisfaction has increased in 28 of the 29 individual markets that were also surveyed in 2007.
In the New-Home Builder Customer Satisfaction Study, now in its 12th year, Pulte brands (which include Del Webb, DiVosta Homes and Pulte Homes) ranked highest in customer satisfaction among new-home builders in 11 markets.