- Northwest Hardwoods up for sale again
- Weyerhaeuser reshuffles its leadership team
- Weyerhaeuser Distribution in Fresno, Calif. celebrates 35 years
- Weyerhaeuser now offering Interfor wood products
- DuPont Pioneer, Weyerhaeuser team for tech license agreement
- Weyerhaeuser provides sustainability update
- Former Weyerhaeuser exec joins Best Bath Systems
Denise Merle has been tapped to fill the role of SVP human resources at Weyerhaeuser, effective Feb. 28.
“Denise brings strong business acumen and tremendous people leadership skills to this role and I look forward to the contributions she will make on our journey to become truly great,” says Doyle Simons, president and CEO. “I want to thank John for his leadership and counsel, and I wish him all the best in his new role.”
Merle has been with Weyerhaeuser since 1981, having held various roles in its paper and packaging business as well as several directorships (of Internal Audit, Compliance & Enterprise Planning, and most recently, Finance and Human Resources for the Lumber business). She is a licensed CPA in the state of Washington.
Merle replaces John Hooper, who is leaving to pursue an opportunity with StanCorp Financial Group in his hometown of Portland, Ore.