- Lowe's hires GE exec to lead LBM divisions
- Labor of Luxe: High-end items for the well-heeled market
- New CFO and CLO named at Summit Materials
- LP agrees to acquire Ainsworth
- Before and after: Huntington Lumber & Supply Co.
- USG announces image makeover
- Survey: Building material shortage could dampen housing recovery
With 49 out of 50 states receiving snowfall last week, Marvin’s Building Materials & Home Centers saw an opportunity and shot an e-mail blast to its customers with a singular focus: Brr, it’s cold! Warm up with Marvin’s. The intent was to point their customers toward their heater selection.
The Skinny: No Sale
This blast wasn’t your typical sales advertisement. In fact, there were no sales prices listed. This was just a retailer communicating to its customers that Marvin’s has what they need to deal with the cold. Clicking on the banner brings customers to Marvin’s website. They point out that supplies are limited, and customers had better hurry before supplies are all sold out.