- h.h. gregg COO Gregg Throgmartin resigns
- Home improvement industry flexes its muscles at 2014 CES
- Honeywell announces Designer Series humidifier
- Russin Lumber picks up California Redwood Co.
- LG gives away March-Madness-themed prizes at h.h. gregg
- Tom Moser makes the New England Design Hall of Fame
- Whirlpool to use Honeywell's Solstice Liquid Blowing Agent
This week, Westminster, Mass.-based Aubuchon Hardware gets nautical with its “Set Sail for Fall Savings” sale. The maritime play on words aside, the eight-page circular features deals on wood pellets, thermostats and various stoves for managing the temperature in New England homes. Also prominent are chainsaws, rakes and pruning sheers for the falling foliage.
• Your choice of Honeywell thermostats or First Alert carbon dioxide detectors for $19.97; • 20% off Fiskars outdoor tools; and • Duraflame Electroheat electric oil filled radiator for $39.97.
The Skinny: Layaway for winter
Snowblowers are a high-ticket item anywhere, but in New England they're also in high demand, thanks to the kind of snow accumulation that would shock many Americans. Conveniently placed on page eight, right next to a $750 snow blower, the circular points its customers to simple terms: 10% down, no service charge and nine months to pay it off.