- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- A mixed bag of home channel merchandise
- At International Builders' Show, a smarter show home
- New Product Showcase: Building for the future
- International Builders' Show kicks off in Orlando
- Marvin's plans store at former Walmart site
- Owens Corning to sell masonry division
CertainTeed Gypsum has announced plans to open a new manufacturing plant for joint compounds, tapes, powdered textures and other finishing products in north Las Vegas. Construction on the 100,000-squre-foot facility will begin this month, with production expected to begin late next year.
Based in Valley Forge, Pa., CertainTeed Gypsum already operates a wallboard plant in Las Vegas. The company, a subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, also has a joint compound plant in Kent, Wash.
When the second joint compound plant opens, CertainTeed Gypsum will be able to unite both of its product lines -- wallboard and finishing products -- in one shipment, the company said.