- New Product Showcase: Building for the future
- Knauf Insulation files patent infringement suit
- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- The Rockwool Group signs distribution deal with Lowe’s in the U.S.
- EPA puts spray foam insulation under spotlight
- On TAP: Insulation as pest control
- Marvin's plans store at former Walmart site
Valley Forge, Pa.-based CertainTeed Corp. is expanding its Sustainable Insulation fiberglass insulation technology to new categories of product, including SoftTouch, Duct Wrap, Commercial Blanket Insulation and Metal Building Insulation. Available to customers in the Western United States, all of the products are engineered, produced and shipped with the commitment to minimizing environmental impact and improving energy savings, the company said.
Designed to exceed the California Air Resource Board (CARB) indoor air quality regulations, Sustainable Insulation products are manufactured with recycled and renewable content including a plant-based, formaldehyde-free binder and contain no harsh acrylics, dyes or unnecessary fire-retardant chemicals. The products are manufactured at the company’s Chowchilla, Calif., plant.
Said Mike Lembo, senior product manager for CertainTeed’s Mechanical and Industrial Insulation Group: “Our customers now have a wider range of product options that meet stringent indoor air quality and environmental requirements, while providing superior thermal performance, acoustic control and long-lasting comfort to building occupants.”