- HCN Stock Watch: Central Garden & Pet rises
- Sports Authority names h.h. gregg exec as CFO
- SolarWorld to finance American-made panels for Hawaii residents
- HCN Stock Watch: Our two CENTs
- Thomas Wright named CFO at Sterling Construction
- Management structure shifts at Armstrong
- HCN Stock Watch: CENT for the win
Central Garden & Pet has announced the appointment of Gus Halas as president and CEO of its Central Operating Cos., effective April 18. Halas will report to William Brown, Central's chairman and CEO.
Halas has worked as a consultant to the company since 2009. From 2003 to 2009, he was chairman, president and CEO of T3 Energy Services. He previously served as president and CEO of Clore Automotive and Marley Cooling Tower Co. and held senior executive positions with a number of other companies, including Ingersoll-Dresser Pump Co. and Sulzer Industries.
Based in Walnut Creek, Calif., Central Garden & Pet is a supplier of lawn, garden and pet products under a variety of brands, including Pennington, Kaytee, Amdro, Sevin, Ironite, Norcal and New England Pottery.