- RONA turns down $1.9 billion takeover bid by Lowe’s
- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- RONA prowling for U.S. lumberyards
- In Canada, recognition for retail excellence
- Tis the season for shipping strategy
- Hardware store all-stars: Ark., Calif. and Colo.
- Jeld-Wen sells stake to Canadian investors
According to a report in the Toronto Star, Canadian DIY and auto giant Canadian Tire will expand its chain of work clothing stores by nearly 100 locations over the next few years.
The company will expand the Mark’s Work Wearhouse clothing chain to approximately 450 stores within a “number of years,” according to the report. Based in Toronto, Canadian Tire operates about 360 Mark’s Work Wearhouse stores currently.
Chain president Paul Wilson addressed an audience at the CIBC World Markets Conference in Toronto this week, adding the industrial and construction clothing chain plans to add women’s and men’s casual apparel to the stores.