- Mahurin out at Orchard Supply Hardware
- Kelly-Moore Paints expands California footprint
- Weyerhaeuser Distribution in Fresno, Calif. celebrates 35 years
- AZEK, Home Depot and OrePac get their hands dirty for disabled vets
- GE donates $10K to HomeAid
- Depot advances its omnichannel agenda
- Pirch makes room for American Standard’s DXV line
Moss Lumber & Hardware Co., a Northern California chain of four lumberyards, filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy and closed suddenly on May 10, according to an article in the Redding Record Searchlight.
The family-owned operation, founded in 1946, had locations in Redding, Red Bluff, Chico and Fresno.
During the housing boom, the company employed approximately 200 people, the newspaper reported. Its current CEO, Greg Moss, was the third generation of the Moss family to operate the business.