- Mahurin out at Orchard Supply Hardware
- HCN names Meek’s "Pro Dealer of the Year"
- Michelle Desiderio to speak at this year's PDIS
- Weyerhaeuser Distribution in Fresno, Calif. celebrates 35 years
- AZEK, Home Depot and OrePac get their hands dirty for disabled vets
- GE donates $10K to HomeAid
- Sears Outlet opens in Modesto
Friedman’s Home Improvement, the largest locally-owned home improvement retailer in San Francisco’s North Bay area, announced the promotion of David Proctor to chief operating officer, effective immediately.
Proctor, who joined Friedman’s in 1985, will be responsible for strategic oversight of the company’s day-to-day operations, along with his current finance duties as chief financial officer.
“David has provided exceptional leadership, earning the respect of the financial community, our customers, employees and suppliers,” said president and CEO Bill Friedman. “His in-depth knowledge and collaborative leadership style will be invaluable as we continue to navigate these difficult economic times and improve our position in this highly competitive marketplace.”
Proctor, a Santa Rosa native, graduated from the University of California, Davis in 1974. He worked for Arthur Andersen in San Francisco as a CPA before joining Friedman’s.
Founded in 1946, Friedman’s has locations in Santa Rosa, Sonoma and Ukiah.