- International Builders' Show kicks off in Orlando
- At International Builders' Show, a smarter show home
- New American Home to entertain at IBS
- NAHB forecasts 20% growth in starts
- NextGen home at 2011 IBS donated to veteran
- Villain emerges at Builders' Show: MID reform
- Housing starts finish year on an off note
The former leader of the Walt Disney Co. will kick off the International Builders' Show (IBS). Also on stage: the Capitol Steps.
Former Walt Disney Co. chief Michael Eisner will deliver the keynote address at the International Builders' Show, slated for Las Vegas Jan. 22-24.
Eisner, who served as the chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Co. for 21 years, is recognized for having revitalized and reinvented the company into a full spectrum entertainment enterprise that grew from $1.7 billion to $30 billion under his watch. Eisner's remarks will motivate corporate innovation and teamwork.
The show's opening day ceremonies will also include a performance by famed political satire group, the Capitol Steps. Created in December 1981, the Steps began as a group of Senate staffers who used the headlines of the day to create song parodies and skits that conveyed a special brand of satirical humor.
"The Opening Ceremonies always provides an impressive lineup of speakers and entertainment, and this year is no exception," said NAHB chairman Barry Rutenberg, a home builder from Gainesville, Fla. "We look forward to hearing the inspirational words of former Disney leader Michael Eisner, followed by a comedic performance of the Capitol Steps."