- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- New Product Showcase: Building for the future
- Sears taps former Lehman Brothers VP to lead Craftsman
- Ace addresses 2011 strategy, supply chain
- Economic signals still mixed at HIRI conference
- At Bed Bath & Beyond, a strong Q3
- Jeld-Wen sells stake to Canadian investors
Builders FirstSource, a leading supplier and manufacturer of structural and related building products, has announced that it has acquired Bama Truss and Components of Shelby, Ala.
Bama is a maker of multi-family and light commercial manufactured structural components with annual sales of approximately $25 million. Its product offerings include wood roof and floor trusses, wood panels, steel roof trusses and various related building materials and services.
"The Bama acquisition further expands our presence in Alabama while enhancing our product offering and customer base,” said Floyd Sherman, Builders FirstSource CEO. “We are excited about the addition of steel roof trusses to our family of product offerings and services."
Pat Shugrue, former owner of Bama, will serve as a consultant to Builders FirstSource.
Dallas-based Builders FirstSource operates in 13 states, with 68 distribution centers and 61 manufacturing facilities.