- After slow start, HD posts Q1 gains
- Home Depot schools the nation in hurricane know-how
- In Home Depot, magazine takes bilingual approach
- Readers Respond: Guns and retail
- Energy Star shines for Home Depot
- P&F Industries points to growth of tool-segment
- Insteon smart-home products enter Microsoft stores
The Home Depot is announcing the nomination of Wayne Hewett for election to its board of directors during its 2014 annual meeting of shareholders.
Bonnie Hill, the board's lead director, will not stand for re-election; the company's corporate governance guidelines require directors to retire upon reaching the age of 72 by the end of the calendar year preceding the annual meeting. Gregory Brenneman has been selected to succeed her as lead director.
"We're truly grateful for the outstanding leadership and dedication Bonnie has brought to our company during her fifteen years of service," said chairman and CEO Frank Blake.
Hewett is currently president, CEO and board member of Arysta LifeScience Corporation, a privately held crop protection and life science company. He spent more than 20 years at GE, where he served in such roles as CEO of GE Advanced Materials and VP supply chain and operations.
"We're extremely pleased with the board's nomination of Wayne," said Blake. "His experience and skills will enhance our board's ability to provide thoughtful oversight as we continue to implement our key strategic priorities."