- From the Homeland
- US LBM expands Florida presence
- NRF applauds White House's actions on patent trolls
- Beazer appoints Tim Little as Phoenix division president
- Hardware Resources taps Lauterbach as VP
- Home Depot schools the nation in hurricane know-how
- Steve Hill named president of ThermaCELL Repellents
According to national color expert Kate Smith, 2014 is not a year for the faint of heart -- at least when it comes to exterior door color swatches.
"There are two trends I see influencing front door colors for 2014," says Smith, president of Sensational Color. "First, there's the trend of people painting their doors with exuberant hues as a way of telling the world they're tired of spinning their wheels in place. These people are ready to move forward, embrace challenges and show their energy through vibrant colors like Capri blue and Dynamo raspberry.
Raucous Orange, Quixotic Plum and Relic Bronze are but three more examples of the types of hues Smith predicts will be trending next year.
Then again, Smith also predicts that slighltly more subdued shades, such as Classic French Gray and Polished Mahogany, will emerge among those seeking a mix of vibrancy and comfort.
Of her list of Top 10 Door Colors for 2014, Capri made the top spot for its fresh, tropical appeal.