- China Ceramics announces board member resignations
- Kodiak acquires Factory Builder Stores
- Meet the NRLA's new chair, Jonas Kelly
- Chris Yenrick accepts the gavel as 2014 NLBMDA chairman
- How the NRF took on patent trolls
- Design & Construction Week hits Vegas
- Big pay day for retired Black & Decker chairman
Boise Cascade Company has appointed Karen Gowland to its board of directors, effective immediately.
"I am delighted that Karen is joining our board. She brings a unique mix of skills given her knowledge of our company and experience in the industry, and understanding of securities laws and corporate governance," said chairman Duane McDougall.
Gowland had served as SVP general counsel and corporate secretary for Boise Inc. until it was acquired by PCA last year. She has approximately 30 years of experience in the forest products industry, as well as 15 years of experience as a corporate secretary in the industry.
Currently, she chairs the Professional Conduct Board for the Idaho State Bar Association, as well as a director on the board of the University of Idaho Foundation. In the past, she was a chair of the Law Advisory Council for the University of Idaho College of Law.