- Kodiak acquires Factory Builder Stores
- ILBSA hosts 20th scholarship event
- Thomas Hill named president, CEO at Vulcan Materials
- Boise Cascade adds former Weyerhaeuser, Buckeye execs to board
- Boise Cascade names Tom Corrick EVP Wood Products
- Ace reshuffles its board, gets new chairman
- Sales up 3% for Boise Cascade in Q1
Boise Cascade Company has appointed Karen Gowland to its board of directors, effective immediately.
"I am delighted that Karen is joining our board. She brings a unique mix of skills given her knowledge of our company and experience in the industry, and understanding of securities laws and corporate governance," said chairman Duane McDougall.
Gowland had served as SVP general counsel and corporate secretary for Boise Inc. until it was acquired by PCA last year. She has approximately 30 years of experience in the forest products industry, as well as 15 years of experience as a corporate secretary in the industry.
Currently, she chairs the Professional Conduct Board for the Idaho State Bar Association, as well as a director on the board of the University of Idaho Foundation. In the past, she was a chair of the Law Advisory Council for the University of Idaho College of Law.