- HCN Stock Watch: Leveling off
- HCN Stock Watch: Sometimes you’re up, sometimes you’re down
- BlueLinx reports sales gains, but loss widens
- HCN Stock Watch: BXC and LPX are biggest movers
- HCN Stock Watch: BXC and FAST pace the field
- HCN Stock Watch: BXC and CENT pull ahead
- BlueLinx adds new engineered lumber products to software solution
BlueLinx Holdings, the Atlanta-based distributor of building products, reported a loss of $23.0 million for the full year ended Dec. 29. That compares with a loss of $38.6 million in the prior year.
Sales for the year increased 8.7% to $1.91 billion.
"As we move forward in 2013, we are confident in our ability to both increase our penetration of a growing market and maintain the operating discipline that we demonstrated over the last several years," said George Judd, president and CEO.
"Our outlook in 2013 is based on expectations of a significant increase in revenue from 2012."
In the fourth quarter, the distributor posted a 12.6% sales gain to $440.3 million. However, the company's fourth-quarter loss increased to 11.4 million, compared with $10.3 million in the same quarter last year.
Judd also pointed to "the highest gross profit margins on record as we focused on opportunities for profitable growth."