- Snavely rolls out plans for Perennial Wood transition
- Char-Broil names new CEO
- PPG acquires Masterwork Paint Company
- Hines expansion continues in Northern, Ill.
- Bill Adams nabs 2014 Inventor of the Year Award
- After acquisition, PPG posts record numbers
- Osmose wood preservation business sold to Koppers
BlueLinx Corp. has announced its plans to join the Fiberon channel network in 2014, distributing its PVC decking and railing products throughout the Buffalo and Pittsburgh regions.
“Quite frankly, we were looking for a high-end railing product to complement our existing composite deck offerings, and ended up taking on the complete Fiberon decking and railing line,” said Gerald Schomer, business manager for the BlueLinx distribution centers in Buffalo and Pittsburgh.
Specifically, BlueLinx will serve customers in the Buffalo metro area, including western and central New York and northern Pennsylvania to the Ohio border, as well as the Maryland panhandle, much of West Virginia, and western and central Pennsylvania.
“BlueLinx is a bona fide leader, building itself into one of the largest independent distributors in the U.S.,” said Doug Mancosh, president of Fiberon. "Our new relationship with BlueLinx will bring Fiberon products to millions of consumers over an enormous geographical area, sold by some of the most knowledgeable, service-oriented professionals in the distribution business.”